Vegan and Gluten-Free Pancakes
Words by Amy and Vanessa Flak
Photography by Amy Flak
Put on the coffee and make these tasty guilt-free pancakes fromPlant Based Steezy—perfect for slow weekend mornings. They are gluten-free and vegan, but they pack seriously comforting flavour.
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Toppings (optional): vegan butter, maple syrup, fresh berries
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, add the milk (we used oat), apple cider vinegar, and vanilla. Stir.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Let the mixture relax for about five minutes.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan on medium heat, and drop a big spoonful of this gorgeous, bubbly batter right in the middle.
- Flip it and repeat until all the batter is gone. We got nine little pancakes from this recipe.
- Top with berries, vegan butter, and maple syrup. Dig in.
Painter Leone McComas
Strokes of self.READ MORE
Fashion Hair Stylist Jacob Rozenberg
The mane man.READ MORE
Smashed Cucumber Salad: A Tangy Summer Dish
From Cold Tea Restaurant in Vancouver.READ MORE
How to Do Calligraphy: Tips From An Expert
Some basics, care of Fox & Flourish.READ MORE