Tea Tree Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
Known mostly for its efficacy in fighting breakouts, Tea Tree is actually a very versatile oil that is great for a cleansing diffuser aroma or mixed into your self-care products.
What is Tea Tree Oil?
Fresh, antibacterial, earthy, and astringent, Tea Tree is an herbal oil steam-distilled from tea tree plants. With a grassy, almost medicinal scent, it helps make things smell clean and fresh.
How to use Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree is great for skincare (it combats acne) and for your home cleaning products, too. It can also be used in a diffuser either by itself or mixed with other oils.
Tea Tree Oil recipes
Here are some recipe recommendations to get you started with using Tea Tree in your skincare and household products.
- Peppy Multipurpose Cleaning Spray. Elevate household cleaning from dull to dynamite.
- Glow-Enhancing Face Steam. Increase your skin’s natural radiance.
- Tea Tree and Bentonite Clay Mask. For a deep clean.
- DIY Hand Sanitizer. If the store’s out, you can always make your own.
Fresh and Natural Toilet Deodorizer. No unwanted odors here.
Tea Tree Oil diffuser blends
Slightly bitter on its own, Tea Tree can be a polarizing solo aroma. But it is truly great when mixed with other essential oils—especially sweet and citrusy ones. Here are some ideas.
- DIY Diffuser Blend: Spring Cleaning. Smells like a freshly-cleansed home.
- DIY Diffuser Blend: Clear the Air. Diffuse this while washing the floors.
- DIY Diffuser Blend: Cold and Flu Support. Breathe deeply and rest up.
- DIY Diffuser Blend: Living Room Yoga. For your moment of zen.
DIY Diffuser Blend: Morning Spa Session. Turn your bathroom into a spa.
Tea Tree Oil benefits
Tea Tree is antibacterial and astringent, which is why it is used in skincare products and can also be effective in polishing jewelry or cutlery. It’s a multi-use oil that is completely natural.
Where to buy Tea Tree Oil
You can subscribe to Tea Tree via vitruvi’s Essentials Club and have it delivered to your door every 30 or 60 days. This vitruvi oil is 100 per cent pure, non-toxic, organic, and free from synthetic fragrances and sulfates.