This polenta is both nutritious and comforting. I love how the Violife plant-based cheeses elevate this simple dish by giving it creaminess and depth of flavour.
Cheesy Vegan Butternut Squash Polenta
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup corn-grits polenta
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup butternut squash puree (canned, frozen, or fresh)
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup Violife Creamy Original
- 1/4 cup Violife Mozzarella Style Shreds
- 2 tablespoons Violife Parmesan Stye wedge (grated)
Fresh-cracked black pepper (to taste)
- In a large pot, bring the water and sea salt to a boil.
- Gradually whisk in the polenta and butternut squash puree. Reduce the heat and simmer gently until the mixture is very thick (about 30 minutes). Stir often with a wooden spoon to prevent the polenta from sticking to the bottom of the pot. (Tip: if the polenta is too thick, add some additional hot water at any point of the cooking process.)
- Add the nutritional yeast, Violife Creamy Original, and Violife Mozzarella Style Shreds. Stir vigorously until the vegan cheese is melted and the mixture is creamy.
- Sprinkle the grated Violife Parmesan Style cheese on top of the mixture and finish with freshly-cracked black pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately and eat up.