Bentonite Clay Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Mask Recipe
You’ve likely heard of making a bentonite clay mask for your skin, but this natural detoxification treatment can also do wonders for your hair.
Benefits of a bentonite clay mask for hair
Bentonite is a natural clay with a long history and amyriad of healing benefits for the body. In terms of your hair, bentonite clay can act as a detoxifying agent, helping calm irritation such as flakiness; smooth out frizz; improve definition and volume; and add luminous shine. When combined with nutrient-rich and anti-inflammatory apple cider vinegar, it makes a truly effective and all-natural hair treatment.
How to make a bentonite clay mask for hair
- 1/2 cup bentonite clay
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- In a non-metal bowl, add the clay, oil, apple cider vinegar, and Cedarwood Essential Oil. Use a non-metal spoon to mix and combine.
- Let the mixture sit and aerate for 20 seconds.
- Add in the water and stir vigorously to get rid of any clumps. You want a thick, yogurt-like consistency.
How to apply a clay mask to hair and how long to leave a clay mask on hair
- Dampen your hair.
- Starting from the roots, apply the mask to your hair (using a mask brush is helpful) in sections until your whole head is coated.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse out the mask with warm water.
- Shampoo and condition your hair as normal.
- Check yourself out—yeah, you look good.